To download a PDF copy of the Project GO Central Application Instructions, please click here.
Project GO Domestic Application: https://apply.iie.org/projectgodomestic
Project GO Study Abroad Application: https://apply.iie.org/projectgostudyabroad
IMPORTANT! If you plan to apply to both domestic and study abroad programs, be sure to only have one application open at a time (domestic or study abroad). Only switch to the other application after saving your work and closing your browser.
The application system has a 60-minute timeout. If you are logged in for more than 60 minutes and have not saved your work, you will lose what you have entered. Save often!
- Project GO utilizes a central application in which it is possible to apply to both domestic and overseas programs. You can apply for up to three domestic and three overseas programs, equaling six programs total.
- All materials must be submitted through the central application system. No materials sent to individual Project GO institutions will be considered.
You do not have to complete the entire application at one time. The application will save your work as you navigate through the system (you must click "Continue" at the bottom of each page or go to the "Review" tab and select the save option to ensure your work is saved). To exit the application system, click the red “Log Out” Link in the upper right-hand corner of the application.
Starting an Application:
- Proceed to the online application and click 'Create an Account.'
- Create an account by entering your first and last name, email address, and birthdate. You will then be emailed a PIN with instructions on how to log in and create a password.
- Once you have registered, the application will open to the Welcome Page. Please read this page carefully before clicking “Continue” at the bottom of the page. The application initially contains three sections on the left side of the screen: Welcome, Eligibility, and Review.
- Overseas application deadline: January 13, 2021
- Domestic application deadline: February 17, 2021
All components of the application, including both recommendation forms, must be present by the application submission deadline in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Please make sure to review the eligibility page on the Project GO website before proceeding.
- Select the appropriate responses from the drop-down menu, click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- If your responses match the required eligibility for Project GO, more page materials will appear on the left side detailing the seven parts of the application: Personal Background, ROTC Information, Academic Information, Program Selection, Language Background, Essays, Recommendations, Signature
Personal Background, ROTC Information, and Academic Information:
- Enter your personal information detailing your name, address, and other information as requested. Please note that you are not required to enter information in any field noted as "Optional." Click "Continue" to proceed.
- Provide details on your participation in ROTC. Click "Continue."
- Provide information on the U.S. institution of higher education where you are pursuing a degree. If you cannot find your home institution, please contact ROTC@iie.org so it can be added.
- If applicable, list up to two previous colleges or universities where you may have pursued or obtained a degree, or completed coursework. If you have attended more than two previous institutions, list the two with the most coursework completed.
- Upload a transcript from your current institution as well as any previous institutions attended that you listed above. Unofficial or official copies of transcripts are accepted. Note that transcripts cannot be added to an application after it has been submitted.
- Provide details, if applicable, on your participation in The Language Flagship, Boren, or previous Project GO programs. This information is used for data collection purposes and does not impact your Project GO application review. Click “Continue” after completing the section.
Program Selection and Language Background:
- Select the number of program to which you would like to apply from the drop-down menu. Please remember, you can only apply for up to three programs in an application (up to three domestic and three overseas programs, equaling six programs total).
- In the International Programs and Passport Check, after selecting “Yes” or “No”, you will be required to either input your passport expiration date or the date on which you expect to apply for a passport.
- To select a program, first choose the language that you would like to study. Then the Program Selection dropdown menu below will allow you to select a specific program focusing in that language.
- After you have selected the program to which you would like to apply, please select which year of study of that language you will be in at the time of the program. If you have never participated in any prior study of the target language, please select year 1. If you are unsure, please make your best guess.
- In the Language Background section, please indicate your native language beside the “Home Language” drop down menu. Describe your previous or current language training, including years of language study, a description of language instruction at your institution, and any non-academic study in the language. Include information such as “French, fifth and sixth semester, Ohio State University, final grades: B+, A.” Language training may include languages other than the Project GO target language(s).
- There are three required essays for the overseas application and two required essays for the domestic application. Please make sure your responses are succinct and effectively address the prompts. Note that there is a 500-word limit.
- We strongly recommend that you write your essays in a Word document and copy them over to the application. Save your work frequently! Remember, if you close or refresh your application browser before you've saved your work, your updates will not be saved. In addition, there is a timeout function that will cause you to lose any unsaved work after 60 minutes. This is another great reason to write your essays and save them in Word before entering them into the system.
- The Project GO application requires a recommendation from an academic reference and a recommendation from your commanding officer.
- You will see a link to "Add Recommender." You must click this to open the recommendation request box.
- After the recommender information has been entered, click “Send to Recommender” directly under the last recommender’s information. This will trigger an automatically generated email to be sent to your recommenders from the application system.
- Alert your recommenders that they will receive an email from the “Project GO," including a link to the recommendation form; note that the email from the application system may be filtered to their junk or spam folder. Recommendation forms MUST be received by the application due date. We strongly advise that you enter recommender information as early as possible in order to allow recommenders sufficient time to complete and submit the recommendation form by the application submission deadline.
- Once the recommendation requests have been submitted, you may log back into your application to view the status of a recommendation, edit information about your recommenders, or send a reminder.
- The system allows for a maximum of two recommendations, so if you need to change a recommender, you must first delete one of your recommenders from your recommender list before adding a new recommender.
HELPFUL TOOLS and SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- This section will highlight any parts of the application that are incomplete, and provide links for you to return to that section to complete it.
- In order to correct errors, simply click on the link of the relevant section.
- You will be unable to submit your application until the application is complete.
Returning to your Application:
- To return to your application, navigate to the log in page and enter your login credentials.
- To continue either a domestic or overseas application, click on the name of the appropriate application.
- To view different sections of the application, click the desired section from the navigation panel on the left-hand side.
- To switch between your domestic and overseas application, click the "Home" link at the top of the left-hand navigation list.
- When your application is complete, click on “Submit Application.”
- If you submit your application in error, contact ROTC@iie.org.