Please click here to download a PDF of the Project GO Central Application Instructions.
Please click here to watch the Project GO Central Application webinar
- Project GO utilizes a central application in which it is possible to apply to both domestic and overseas programs. You can apply for up to four domestic and four overseas programs, equaling eight programs total.
- All materials must be submitted through the central application system. No materials sent to individual Project GO institutions will be considered.
You do not have to complete the entire application at one time. The application will save your work each time you click “Save and Next.” To exit the application system, click the drawing of a person in the top right corner of the screen and scroll down to “Log Out.”
Starting an Application:
- Proceed to the online application, log in, and click “Register.”
- Create an account by entering your first and last name, email address, and password.
Once you have registered, the application will open to the Welcome Page. Please read this page carefully before clicking “Save and Next” at the bottom of the page. The application initially contains three sections on the left side of the screen: Welcome, Eligibility, and Review. Application Submission
- Overseas application deadline: January 25, 2018
- Domestic application deadline: February 20, 2018
- All components of the application, including both recommendation forms, must be present by the application submission deadline in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Please make sure to review the eligibility page on the Project GO website before proceeding.
- Select the appropriate responses from the drop-down menu, click “Save and Next” at the bottom of the page.
- If your responses match the required eligibility for Project GO, more page materials will appear on the left side detailing the four parts of the application: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Register Recommenders
- Enter your personal information detailing your name, address, and previous and current educational experiences.
- Provide details on the U.S. institution of higher education where you are pursuing a degree. If you cannot find your home institution, please contact ROTC@iie.org so it can be added.
- If applicable, list up to two previous colleges or universities where you may have pursued or obtained a degree, or completed coursework. If you have attended more than two previous institutions, list the two with the most coursework completed.
- Upload a transcript from your current institution as well as any previous institutions attended that you listed above. Unofficial or official copies of transcripts are accepted. Note that transcripts cannot be added to an application after it has been submitted.
- Select the program to which you would like to apply from the drop-down menu. If you would like to apply to more than one program, click the box titled “Apply for a Second Program” directly under the program drop-down menu box. For a third and fourth program, continue to check the box under the drop-down menu selection. Please remember, you can only apply for up to four programs in an application (up to four domestic and four overseas programs, equaling eight programs total).
- In the International Programs and Passport Check, after selecting “Yes” or “No”, you will be required to either input your passport expiration date or the date on which you expect to apply for a passport.
- In the Language Background section, please indicate your native language beside the “Home Language” drop down menu. Describe your previous or current language training, including years of language study, a description of language instruction at your institution, and any non-academic study in the language. Include information such as “French, fifth and sixth semester, Ohio State University, final grades: B+, A.” Language training may include languages other than the Project GO target language(s).
- If you have previously participated in any Project GO program, please include this information where requested. This information is used for data collection purposes and does not impact your Project GO application review.
- There are three required essays for the overseas application and two required essays for the domestic application. Please make sure your responses are succinct and effectively address the prompts. Note that there is a 500-word limit.
- Questions in the Survey Data section are voluntary and not required.
- The Project GO application requires a recommendation from an academic reference and a recommendation from your commanding officer.
- You will see two spaces to enter your required recommenders. You must select the type of recommender before you can proceed.
- Once you have selected the type of recommender, the second recommender will automatically default to the missing type (e.g. if you select “Academic” for the first recommendation, the system will automatically default to “Commanding Officer” for the second).
- After the recommender information has been entered, click “Invite Recommenders” directly under the last recommender’s information. This will trigger an automatically generated email to be sent to your recommenders from the application system.
- Alert your recommenders that they will receive an email from the “Embark Team” with a link to the recommendation form; note that the email from Embark may be filtered to their junk or spam folder. Recommendation forms MUST be received by the application due date. We strongly advise that you enter recommender information as early as possible in order to allow recommenders sufficient time to complete and submit the recommendation form by the application submission deadline.
- Once submitted, recommender information cannot be edited unless you delete the profile and create a new one. If you accidentally record a recommender incorrectly, you will need to contact Embark to correct this error.
- At any point, you may log into the system to see if the recommendations are submitted. In addition, you may click on the paper plane icon if you need to resend your recommender the email requesting them to complete the form.
HELPFUL TOOLS and SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- This right-side navigation allows you to see which fields are missing or blank.
- In order to correct errors, simply click on the entry or click “Return to Page”.
- This right-side navigation allows you to view all parts of the application that you have entered, with the exception of the recommendation forms.
Returning to your Application:
- To return to your application, navigate to the log in page and enter your login credentials.
- To continue either a domestic or overseas application, click on your name on the desired application from the application dashboard.
- To view different sections of the application, click the desired section from the navigation panel on the left-hand side.
- To switch between your domestic and overseas application, click the timer icon (shown below) in the upper right-hand corner to return to the application dashboard.
- When your application is complete, click on “Submit Application.”
- If you submit your application in error, contact ROTC@iie.org.