In order to be eligible, at the time of application, an applicant must be:
- A U.S. citizen.
- An undergraduate or graduate student on track to commission through the Army, Naval, or Air Force Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC), contracted or non-contracted, at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
In order to be eligible to participate in a Project GO overseas program, for the duration of the program successful applicants must:
- Remain in ROTC for the duration of the program.
- Not be commissioned officers.
- Be in an inactive, non-drilling status.
- Not be employed by the U.S. federal government or any foreign government.
Newly commissioned officers awaiting active duty, drilling members of the National Guard or Reserve, and Army Green to Gold members are eligible to participate in Project GO domestic programs only.
Not Eligible for Project GO
- Non-U.S. citizens
- Active duty military members (not participating in ROTC)
- Navy Seaman to Admiral Program members
- Officer Candidate School participants
- JROTC students
- Service academy students
- Federal government employees
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of merit. Review panels will consider the following criteria:
· Academic merit
· Language experience
· Cultural sensitivity
· Commitment to Project GO mission